Friday, October 5, 2012

Un-Compartmentalized Wardrobe

I'm a big believer that...

A girl can shop at her own closet. OR at her Mom's closet. (or her sister's, but in this case, this girl doesn't have one...)

This is a baggy Caroline Taylor striped T-shirt that my Mom didn't want to wear anymore, and I was happy to "adopt" it into my own wardrobe. Don't you just love the cute flower embroidery at the bottom?


A shift dress is a girl's best friend when she's in a hurry, but separates are so much fun to mix and match and play with. Girls just want to have fun, rite!

The T-shirt is definitely casual wear, but with a jacket I can easily carry it off for work. Office wear costs a fortune, so I prefer to combine casual clothes with some basics like blazer. I'm a frugal gal, and I don't like the idea that I have to spend much of my hard-earned salary just on things to wear in order to get that salary! Not to mention that I have such a swell time building my outfit from whatever I've already had in my closet. Remember when we used to play dressing up when we were little girls? It's exactly like that!




Accesories are like the sugar icing on top of the cake. It makes the cake deliciously pretty and deliciously yummy.

Some people believe in having several basic, high quality, expensive jewelleries to jazz up any basic outfit. I personally have a collection of a few high quality pieces (usually vintage or family heirlooms) and lots of cheaper ones. Nowadays, you can buy accessories made of alloy or rhinestones with good quality for relatively very affordable price. They're not Miu Miu or Gucci, but they should suffice for everyday wear and with such good price, you can buy more than just one or two pieces!

The necklace I got as present from my boss' secretary, Oina.




Linking up to:
 Join us! Click the Spotlight Thrifters Anonymousstillbeingmolly Sumo's Sweet StuffPhotobucket pleated poppy Adorned From Above 
http://www.thethriftyhome.comPhotobucketFeminine AdventuresBeautiful Thursdays Real Girl Style Link Up PhotobucketFavorite Frock Fridayfive days five ways | feature friday free for allWeekend Bloggy ReadingChic on a Shoestring DecoratingPhotobucketFrillsforThrills CopyCatsSixSistersStuff.com
Mommy's Sweet Confessions WatchOutForTheWoestmans 


20 comments:

Lynne DeVenny said...

You look so professional. I love the mix of stripes and the print on the skirt. Your boss's secretary has great taste!

Lisa said...

So pretty. I love the necklace.

Shiloh said...

I love the "mix casual with a blazer." so true.

Margarita Bloom said...

I adore stripes!! Great looks. :) Happy Fashion Friday. :)

Rachel said...

I loved that necklace you were wearing from the very first picture that I saw of your outfit! It's definitely a unique look!

LV said...

There is nothing wrong with your style. You look very professional. You do very well with your mixing and matching. I do that a lot as well. Makes folks think you have more cloths.

Shybiker said...

Wow, what a gorgeous tee. And your jewelry stands out beautifully. The skirt's cute, too. Nice outfit!

Olya said...

Such a cute outfit! Following you with bloglovin' :-)

@OlyaCreative
www.creativesideofme.com

Kori said...

Thanks for linking up honey! Have a great weekend! Kori xoxo

Sandy a la Mode said...

super cute necklace!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

XxxLoveIsBeautyxxX said...

lovely photos! would you like to follow each other in gfc? let me know! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

Patti said...

I like the way you made a casual tee so right for the office! Such a pretty necklace too. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

JTwisdom said...

Love the look and the contrast of patterns. The necklace and earrings are very pretty.

Sara Clemente Alonso said...

Hi dear!
I love so much you're blog, follow u :)

My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.
Hope u follow back :)

Lot of kisses.
http://universeofmyshoes.blogspot.com.es/

Heather said...

I love the red stripes with that skirt - the pattern mixing is fab :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Understated Classics Clare said...

What a great outfit! I love the shirt from mom's closet. Sometimes shopping mom's closet can bring new treasures! Way to go!

Stopping by from the link up!
Clare
Understated Classics

Jenny said...

I also love having lots of cheaper accessories and just a few nicer ones! You look so cute and thanks for linking up to Sunday Style!
Modern Modest Beauty

Miriam said...

Gorgeous skirts - love the way you have styled your look.

Helen B. @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I shop in my mom and my sisters and my best friends closets all the time! your outfit is adorable!

I am stopping over via Frugally Sustainable!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
Exercise Encouragement Group blog

Jacqueline@ Deeprootsathome.com said...

I love the shirt from mom's closet. Sometimes shopping mom's closet can bring new treasures! What a great outfit!
I' glad you linked-up, and hope you will continue. I will be adding something from you in a mini-series post I am doing periodically on feminine dress. I will be linking back to you. I love your skirts posts! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...