Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rainbow Baby Buttons


I saw these super colorful necklace and bracelet a while back at a nearby Naughty Stores, which is a budget accessory store like Claire's Store in the US, and for some weird reason I got attracted to them. They're made of light wood, and have a Carribean feel to them. I didn't have any idea at the time how I was going to wear them, but since they were so cheery and only cost about 2 bucks each, I got them anyway. Boy, so glad I did! Not long afterwards I stumbled upon a blog by a lady who lives in Panama, titled The Joy of Fashion, in particular this post, and I got all inspired.

I'm going to mass at Church, then to a Sunday lunch at Pluit area, and these cute babies are just the perfect accessories for the beige shirt dress that I got from Singapore, adding some spunk to an otherwise very neutral, pale (aka boring) pallette.

I guess one should never underestimate the power of cheap accessories. Haha!



I totally forgot the name of the restaurant we went to at Pluit, but it's an old-school Chinese restaurant, packed with families having their Sunday brunch. Now, I couldn't resist of snapping a picture of this old-fashioned tea pot, it looked like the one my late Grandma used to have! So cute!

 And this is my ensemble for the day...


The hem length is perfect. Not too long, not too short. And I love that it's not tight but still has some shape to it. Nicely fitted and super comfortable to wear.

I love the tiny strips of Burberry-like piping on the sleeves and pockets.

Also the huge saucer-like buttons at the front, pockets and chest flaps.

 And of course, the three-color platform wedges I got as a gift some time ago finished the look and bound all the colors together.


Shirt dress: Hang Ten (Singapore). Necklace and bracelet: Naughty Stores (MKG 5). Earrings: Accesorize (Singapore). Bag: Esprit (gift). Platform wedges: Ana Eslie (gift).

20 comments:

welldressedmaker said...

ooooh! i really love all the accessories you've used in this outfit. The dress is cute in itself, but really the accessories make it even better! I love your wedges as well.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Anne @ The Frump Factor said...

Wow, I really like that necklace! It seems more stylish than what I associate with places like Claire's, but maybe I'm not giving the "cheapo" accessory places enough credit. You have a great eye, scoring finds like that. (and of course, the platforms don't hurt!)

Alison Meade said...

Your accessories are beautiful - they make the outfit. We'd love for you to share this (and anything else you'd like) at our Beautify It Monday Link party going on now at BringingBeauty.blogpsot.com!

Patti said...

You are right, your accessories really make your outfit sing! Love those platforms, they'll make any outfit more fun : > Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, and have a great day.

Tamera Beardsley said...

I am also a big believer in the power of cheap accessories! You have styled an photographed your ensemble perfectly! I especially appreciated the yellow striped awning in your back ground...so well done my dear!

happy Monday!

KRISTY said...

The accessories (and wedges!) really made this outfit EXTRA SPECIAL! And I agree with your description about the dress. The length and fit are perfect! :)

www.monochromachic.com

Kelley Christiancy said...

I love the button necklace so simply to make but very stylish with the outfit! I also love your shoes very cute for summer! I definitely could use some platforms!

I am new at blogging and trying to make new friends in the blog world if you could check out my blog and tell me what you think I would be very grateful! Have a wonderful week!

http://aflameoffashion.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

Love the fun color in your outfit! You look great!

creamyclothes.blogspot.com

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

those buttons are amazing

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

those buttons are amazing

Kari. said...

Those shoes are perfect! definitely tied everything together. that dress is super cute ... you can definitely wear it with a lot!

Cassidy said...

love LOVE the pops of color in you necklace and bracelet. Really loving those shoes!!

Dee said...

Hey hey! loving the wedges! I wish I can wear shoes like that without tripping off :P

Style Agent 909 said...

Everything complements the other, the handle on your purse, your shoes, necklace and bracelet, and they definitely don't look cheap!

Jersey Blogess said...

this is super cute - I love all the colors

Mindie Hilton said...

Always love your outfits, especially the bright accessories.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh you wear it so well. I am checking out my closet to copy cat! :)

Sherri said...

I love it ALL! The jewelry is AMAZING. Coordinates well with the dress, which is Fabulous and the awesome shoes. Great look!

Chatty Chics said...

You are so cute! What a great combination! Those pieces all go together so well! Well done!
Melody
One Chatty Chic

Anonymous said...

Those shoes work so well with that necklace and bracelet! super cute outfit!
-barbie @ www.styleofamrs.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...