Thursday, April 5, 2012

In Not So Many Colors

The only constant thing in life is change. We've heard that simple truth for umpteenth times, but more often that not, change still takes us by surprise.
A colleague of mine just resigned today. He is the first person to resign after more than two years; hence it's like a wake up call for everyone that in this life, people come and go. Very few people stay and become a permanent fixtures in our lives. And if the time comes for them to go, you cannot hold on to them. You may want things to never change, but life is not like that, whether you like it or not. Therefore, if you have friends who have been with you since kindergarten, or even high school, and still remain close after all these years, consider yourself lucky. Very lucky indeed.

Love this pearly thrifted flower earrings. Found them in a street fair during my US years.
Just give them a swipe with alcohol to disinfect, and voila! And of course, the scarf I tied around the purse chain strap is a thrift find, as well, from Miami during college spring break.

Linking up to:
 

13 comments:

S said...

I love your look ! The beads are so pretty .And I have been wanting to buy the kind of bag you are carrying since last month !
About the subject of change, it is said that the only thing constant is change. People who are mentally strong accept and embrace change more easily compared to those who are afraid of change.
Change or sudden disruption in our life shows us that there is another way of living than what we have been doing already ! At least, this has been my experience .
Have a nice day!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

We really should take a moment to appreciate the fabulous people in our lives! Love your necklace!

UnA said...

I love it.. love the pop up blue here

<3 Una

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

You look so pretty and fresh, I love the touches of turquoise, and the scarf on your purse.

I've worked for the same place for almost two decades, and it's still a shock when a colleague I really enjoy moves on. On the bright side, I've also welcomed many new friends who filled those positions.

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

You look so pretty and fresh, I love the touches of turquoise, and the scarf on your purse.

I've worked for the same place for almost two decades, and it's still a shock when a colleague I really enjoy moves on. On the bright side, I've also welcomed many new friends who filled those positions.

Jocelyn said...

You are beautiful :) Love what you got on! =D

Denise said...

Very beautiful.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I miss many of my friends and you are so right, many move on for a variety of reasons. But we can keep in touch via internet, phone and mail. I always wonder how they let people go 100 years ago when people were pioneering my country (US).

You have such a flair for style and I love this outfit. It is fun yet very classy and timeless.

Have a wonderful Easter :)

StylistChoice said...

Sweety, I love your necklace! xx

Pia said...

nice! love the scarf color.

Aya said...

I love the pop of blue! Makes the outfit more exciting! xox

http://diaryofafashionista.com

WilmaJean said...

Love the pop of color with the black and white. It looks great on you! And change, well it seems we are all going though it a bit nowadays. I like your take on it. Keep inspiring.

Unknown said...

You are definitely right, nothing is constant but change. I recently lost a person whom I thought was a friend-after more than 10 years, we just grew apart. It sucks but sometimes it's like that.

I love those earrings BTW!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...