Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Third Chance: Serendipity

One of my favorite chick flick movies is Serendipity, starred Kate Beckinsale and John Cussack. And as much as I believe that one makes her/his own destiny, I cannot deny that there is a higher power beyond human intelligence that has His hand in shaping our lives. Some call that power God. Some call it luck. Coincidence. Serendipity.

Now, I fell in love with this purple-ish magenta tartan purse the very first time I laid my eyes on it. However, since I've already had a similar bag in red, I resolutely turned my back on it and walked out of the store. Two weeks later I came back to the store to see that it has been marked down from the original price of about USD 60-ish down to 30 dollars. Still, I didn't budge. Another two weeks had passed before I happened to be in the store again. And lo and behold, there were only two bags left - one in this gorgeous purple-ish magenta, and another one in lovely shade of aqua blue. AND the price has been reduced further to about 10 bucks each. I grabbed both of them on the spot. It was sometime in December, and up till now, I have no regret. It was meant to be. It was serendipity!

I guess the ever generous Father in Heaven decided to give me the bags afterall since I was being a good girl and restraining from buying them on the first and second time. Haha!

See? Standing tall and firm on the face of temptation breeds extra sweet, delicious fruits afterall!
Now, don't you think it's just justifiable that I created the whole ensemble today to match the purse? Have you ever decided what you're going to wear based on your bag first, then choose the rest of the outfits to match?

"Find your delight in the Lord who will give you your heart's desire."
(Psalm 37:4)

White blazer: Zara. Magenta top: MK Klein.
Black slacks: office uniform by Invio (got loads from years of office uniform accumulation).

Bangles: Shanghai. Multicolor bracelets: Naughty Stores (MKG 5).

Purse: Les Catino (Lotus, MAG). Wedges: unbranded (Plaza Semanggi)

Purple flower necklace: Singapore Chinatown haul. Key necklace: Hang Ten. Earrrings: old collection.

6 comments:

welldressedmaker said...

I love the purple tartan purse! And I really love the color purple on you!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Rebecca Clairine said...

cute wedges !
i love purple ! <3


xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

PC said...

absolutely adore the purple shoes...is it expensive?

bp said...

purple is my favorite color :)

Ms. Kathleen said...

You look fabulous! I need you to coordinate me! You have such a wonderful gift and how God Blessed You!

Call it serendipity of whatever it all comes down to God's blessings!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Cute! That's a pretty color :)

And yay for name twins!! Almost spelled the same way even!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...