Friday, June 8, 2012

Though It's Not St. Patrick's Day

The roof leaks, the water stops running, I have no steady internet connection, and the light at the study room is out. That's the "fun" of living in a house. It's no house play game afterall.
Still, I knew what was coming. One thing about getting married in a relatively mature-enough age as I do: I know and accept the reality that as beautiful as marriage can be, maintaining it, AND maintaining a house, and a HOME, will involve a lot of hardwork.
I now live in a smaller house, and have a two-hour commute everyday instead of a 20-minute one, which my body is still adjusting. I now do house chores when in the past I had people taking care of the house for me. I now manage a financial budget for two persons instead of one. But no, I don't believe that all those changes and additional work need to get in the way of that little thing called LIFE.
So, I still dress up everyday. I still (try to) create blog posts whenever possible. I still clean. I pay our bills and insurance. I keep my little monthly goals. I keep seeing my friends. I call my parents once a week. I make my husband his daily cup of milk and honey. I do my weekly hair spa at home, as I always did. In summary: I don't make change as a poor excuse for living life less than my usual standard. Because excuses, my Friends, 99% of time are just the way of saying: "I am just plain too lazy to do it."

For despite everything, over the years, through several rebellious and difficult years, I have learned to console myself in not-so-easy times by reciting this verse:

"I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work in you will continue to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)

So, I'm just doing my part with dilligence (or as dilligent as I could manage, hehehe...), and He will be the one who'll complete it!
Earrings and purse: thrifted. Lacey tank top: unbranded. Black layer: Cotton On. Black slacks: LOFT. Green top: forgot the brand. Red obi belt: Mango. Necklace: bought online. Bracelets: gift and old collection.




Linking up to:
Neon | Everybody, Everywear

19 comments:

Redheaded Daybook said...

what a fun color!!
and im ADORING your necklace.
super super super cute!

stopping by from blonde episodes :)
hope you come show some love :)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Kathleen said...

It took me a few photos before I saw the subtle nautical look that you have with your accessories. I like it!

Patti said...

Gorgeous greens! It is challenging, all these changes coming at one, I am sure.

Anonymous said...

I like the green! I am impressed by the length of your commute...I commute an hour and I thought mine was long. I have worked with my employer to do much of my work from home, but that requires a reliable internet connection. It sounds like you have a good scripture to give you encouragement.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Such pretty greens! Change is difficult, you are adapting wonderfully day by day.

Style Mentor™ said...

99% of time are just the way of saying: "I am just plain too lazy to do it." The truth!

I love the daring color combo, it looks beautiful and you are very inspiring on a Monday! :-)

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

you're so lucky you look good in green!

xo Megan

Unknown said...

That green top is gorgeous, what a great colour on you!

I am a new follower over from a bloghop, come by my blog and say hello :)

http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

Megan G said...

Gorgeous green blouse. The color is incredible on you. Keeping busy is important, and changing your life is a difficult experience. Soon it will be something you've adjusted to and it will become normal. Good luck! You can do it.

Ms. Kathleen said...

You look so classy and beautiful! You have such a talent for fashion. I love that necklace... Amazing and what a fun purse. Green looks wonderful on you :) Have a fun God-filled day!

Denise said...

You are very stylish.

Marilyn said...

Love the colors.. Pops and fitting for the summer.. ooks awesome on you... LOVE it.. I have a WIWW party happening (every Monday called Mannequin Mondays and I will love to have you link if you have a moment please..? the link is http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com/2012/06/mannequin-mondaysbrows-stylin.html) Thanks SO much in advance.. wishing you a beautiful evening..Officially your newest happy follower.. xo Marilyn

Jersey Blogess said...

what an amazing bag - green is absolutely my fave color - as you can see from what i am wearing today :) http://www.jerseyblogess.com/2012/06/green-with-envy.html

Lis said...

Love the colors! Your necklace is so cool, did you make it?

Unknown said...

This is my favorite necklace.You are adapting to some challenging changes in your lifestyle, but you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and a warm and loving heart to help you through.

ShanaEmily said...

Oh my gosh that belt!!! I NEED it!! Love the neon green, I have also been loving this color!!
Thanks for linking up sweetheart!! So glad I could stop by ;O)

Shana

ColorBlind
Thrifters Anonymous Link Up Every Monday!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love green all year 'round!

Raj Thandhi @Pink Chai Style said...

I really love the green and especially the bag! I'm with you on the need to keep taking care of yourself no matter how busy life gets. If you don't look put together, you don't feel put together.

Raj
Pink Chai Style

Unknown said...

True indeed...life does get hectic but I welcome all the trials because there's always something good that comes out of it. It's great that you're taking everything in stride and not making excuses. BTW that necklace is awesome. Love it!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...