Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sunday Market Momiform



One time I read a blog post titled "A Dapper Mom" about a mother who wore jeans, a nice T-shirt, a statement necklace, and a leopard-print flats to a children's birthday party, and she felt overdressed because other moms wore shorts and oversized T-shirts. And she said, "It took me five minutes to wear these ensemble, and I'm sure it also took them the same amount of time to wear what they wear, but at least I look like I'm making an effort." Btw, she did write that she didn't wear any makeup, just a dash of pink lipstick, because she didn't have time to put on full makeup. BUT the pink lipstick made a whole lot of difference.

I don't mean to be judgemental here, but I agree with her. After becoming a mother, I dress much simpler, with less frills and accessories. I don't change bags everyday like I used to. I avoid complicated style like special layering that needs a lots of tucking in. I no longer wear stockings everyday. BUT I DO care on the image I project to the world. So does my husband.

So I chose to be smarter about dressing up. I choose simpler lines now. I choose comfortable clothes. I choose momiforms that will look good on me and are comfortable to wear and take very little time and energy to put on in the morning. Instead of frumpy ensembles, I choose cute pairs like this pink T-shirt and skirt with rose prints on it. The secret to its comfy factor? The skirt has elastic waistband, making it a breeze to put on and off, very very quickly.

Another tool of trade? Extra comfy flat with thick rubber soles with rose on them. Very cute, very comfy, very casual, and they look very good. 

I don't care to look like Posh Spice, VIctoria Beckham. I admire her style, but there's no way I will trade the comfy factor with stiletto heels after trans-Atlantic flights like she usually does. She inspires me to make an effort not to look like "I'm a mom and I let myself go"; but I don't need to reach for her perfection. I mean, looking ultra-groomed is her job, and she makes millions doing it. Not me!

Anyway, one Sunday we went to a wet market, to buy some fish, fresh ground gourmet coffee for Hubby, and some other fresh produce for the family. And this mom proudly and comfortably rocked this real-life, real-mom momiform!









1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your skirt and pretty pink Eiffel Tower top and your shoes look great on you. Perfect casual "Momiform". Your son is cute showing off his Martial Art forms. That is how my grandson likes to have his picture taken, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...