Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Rare Jade Treat


I love my job. I like the work, the challenges, and my boss is great. However, just like so many other employees in the whole wide world, there are times when I literally have to drag myself to the office. Times when I'd rather be anywhere but the office.

Overtime, I've learned that in those times when you couldn't care less of what you're putting on your back, when you tend to just slob around all day, it's the time when you need to dress up the most! Though I always rush in the morning, I really enjoy my morning beauty ritual and it does wonders to lift my mood and prepare my mind to face the day and get ready for whatever life would throw at me. It's like an actress preparing her mentality to play a role. I woke up sleepy and groggy, but during the ritual of showering, dressing up, and putting on my make up, I grow into the role of a confident professional woman, just like Betty Suarez of Ugly Betty says. Even if I ever quit my job someday to raise a family, for example, I believe (I hope!) I will still do that ritual to prepare my day, for my role as a wife and mother. My Mom surely does!

We are so lucky to live in this modern age where various beauty treatments and products and concoctions are widely available and pretty much affordable for just about anyone. From high end brands to drugstore makeup, no woman has any excuse to look sloppy. Of course, there are days when I just slob around in my nightgown all day and totally enjoy it, but I try not to make that a habit!

God has been so good to us, women. Beauty treatments and rituals are not just beneficial for us, they are also very pleasant things to do! The products that beautify us are sweet smeling, delightful to touch, and in pretty packaging that are so adorable to look at sitting on the vanity table and bathroom shelf!

Estee Lauder says, there are no homely women, only lazy women. I have to say, Friends, though some may call it vanity, I, for sure, agree with her!

And afterall, doesn't God love anything lovely and beautiful?

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." (Philippians 4:8)




Striped top: Bebe. Black wrap skirt and jacket: tailor made. Gold heels: Voir (Malaysia). Jade handbag: Guchi. Jade-colored mother-of-pearl earrings: Accesorize. Jade and gold bracelets: Shanghai Tang.

11 comments:

Grace said...

Hi there! I came by your blog through Thrifter's Anonymous and I was so surprised to read at the bottom a language I understood! Malay or Indonesian! I am from Malaysia but have not lived there for 25 years! It is so good that your workplace allows you to take pictures in the office. I will start to follow your blog!

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

LeeAnne, you made me smile with your term "slob around." I agree, sometimes just getting yourself styled and ready for the professional world in the morning can help eliminate that "I'd rather go back to bed" feeling.

Your outfit is so chic, and as always, you have the best purse in the blogosphere :)

Cassidy said...

Seriously loving your purse!!

http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

You are always lovely here on your blog, and I suspect in real life as well! Great, chic outfit today too : >

Style Mentor™ said...

Love your purse and you are adorable! xo!

Helen said...

I never fail to be amazed at how one great accessory can MAKE an outfit come to life!!

Kathleen said...

Love the bangles. Pretty colors.

Nicole Feliciano said...

It's close to a mint color which is super trendy right now, but I think Jade enver goes out of style. Thanks so much for sharing on Monday Mingle.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I love how the bangles compliment the handbag. Very pretty outfit as always!

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I love how the bangles compliment the handbag. Very pretty outfit as always!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I've definitely grown to appreciate beauty products with age! Love the bag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...