Friday, April 17, 2015

Week in Recap: Through A Dark Valley

Hi Friends!

Last week has been a rough one for me as well as for our family. I have a bit of medical condition that needs urgent treatment. I will not elaborate what the problem is, but let's just say that I might take an absence from blogging for the next couple of weeks to take care of this condition. Hereby I ask your kindness to pray for me and for my family. 

Still, life goes on. There are still many wonderful things to do, lovely sights to see, delicious food to eat, fun activities to enjoy, and happiness in this life to smile and laugh about!

On the weekend I went out with my family to the nearest mall. It just so happened that all three of us wore stripes that day, which was unplanned and rather hillarious. Hubby wore green, I wore blue, and Michael represented his parents by wearing blue-and-green overall that he got from my mother in law.


My big man and little man in stripes.


Michael has been a bit fuzzy for the past several days, It seems like he knows that Mommy is unwell. He kissed me all the time and held my hand when taking nap. Little children surely know more than we think they do!


Michael loves to play horsie with Daddy and Mommy, so when he saw these horse statues he naturally were attracted to them!


After the mall, we went to visit the nursery that I wrote about in my previous post. This time, we made it to go inside and talked to the teachers. We let Michael explore by himself around the play/classroom. Seems like he likes it! I plan to get him in a trial class in the next couple of weeks after my medical treatment.


If you find yourself in a seemingly no-way-out, pretty bad situation, I urge you to keep on living and keep on praying. And keep on being a good person. You really don't need to prove that you are good, because God in Heaven is not blind. He sees your effort. He sees your trials. And in the Lord's economics, nothing goes to waste. Including trials and hardships. They will bear fruit, with interest!


Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.
In green pastures you let me graze; to safe waters you lead me;
You restore my strength. You guide me along the right path
for the sake of your name.
Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm
for you are at my side;
Your rod and staff give me courage.

You set a table before me as my enemies watch;
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Only goodness and love will pursue me
all the days of my life;
I will dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come.

I'm linking up to these wonderful Ladies:

Monday


Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

7 comments:

DIMPLEKHADI said...

Such a cute boy...
http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-hat.html

Wholesome Joy said...

Praying for you! Get well soon! <3

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hello!

I am a new visitor to your site, and reading your post, I am sorry to hear of your health issues. I have a chronic pain disease with no cure, so health can be very tiresome to deal with. Sending prayers, you have a lovely family.

On a side note, if you have time in the near future, could you list my Fashion Link up, Turning Heads Tuesday.( www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com)

Again, prayers to you
Jess

Anonymous said...

Dear LeeAnne, I'm so sorry that you're going through this valley. We live many, many miles apart and lead very different lives, but I know that the God of all creation sees you and hears my prayers for you. I pray that your day is blessed in some way and that the Lord sends you comfort and rest. I will be praying for you and your family in the coming days!

Mari-Anna Frangén Stålnacke said...

Healing grace! Angels to minister to you! Blessings upon blessings! You are not alone!

Jody Lee Collins said...

LeeAnne, may God bring you healing and rest (as you shared in this Psalm) in the days ahead.
Thank you for linking up with the Small Wonder Community.

Jas @ All that's Jas said...

Keeping you in my prayers for quick healing. Thank you for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...