Thursday, June 2, 2011

Poetry Corner: Conviction



Awake. Be humble. Love. Watch. Listen. Pray. Do.

I saw continuity
I saw eternity

There must be something more
than this daily, ordinary life

A high beauty
forever beyond the reach of all evil

***

"Why do you believe in God?
It is not that you have seen Him?"

I looked above
It was a magnificent starry evening
Millions, billions of sparkles in the sky
Bright, brilliant, and beautiful

I smiled

"No, I have not."

I am no saint nor holy man
I'm just an ordinary girl

Maybe I have never seen the face of God
I do not need to

I have seen the work of His hand

And I do not BELIEVE...

... I KNOW

***

Round Rock, Texas, Spring 2004

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I love this poem! It's honest and beautiful! You should consider entering it in the Creative Section of Susiemagazine.com. (a Christian magazine)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...