Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sunset a la Batavia's Bandar Djakarta



My boss is awaaaayyyy!!!! Yippeeee!!! That means... it's party time! Kidding. But since I don't need to stand by, I can leave the office on-time to catch sunset at one of my favorite restaurant: Bandar Djakarta. I've been there many times, but always in the evening when it's already dark, which is too bad, since sunset from the seaside seafood restaurant is a gorgeous spectacle.
Shoes: Symbolize. Lemon yellow skirt: vintage, my Mom's. (I guess in the past they made higher quality clothes than they do now, vintage finds seem to last forever!) Bag: Nordstorm (USA). Black shirt: Express uniform from previouos office. Black jacket: tailored. Belt: from another dress.


So, this is how it works at Bandar Djakarta. You pick all the things you're going to eat, fresh, in any amount that you want.
Then, the staff will weigh your choices down for you and ask how you'd want them to be cooked. You pay for whatever you pick and eat. So, there is no fixed portion here. Isn't it a genius idea or what! You can order shrimp for one person, scallop for four, and fish for five, and everyone can eat whatever her/his hear desires, in the exact portion that he/she likes, cooked in the way he/she wants!
This is how the place looked like when we arrived around 5 pm. The dinner crowd hasn't arrived yet. Usually it's jam packed. The place is huge, can seat about 1000 guests or so. And I'm always amazed that with such an enormous span area and customized way of cooking, their service is incredibly fast. And the price is not expensive, either. What more can a seafood lover ask?
For the first time, I can finally get a table by the waters!



These are some snaps taken after dark.


It's only 7.30 pm when I left the restaurant, right when a throng of dinner guests arrived. So, I decided to hit the nearby Emporium Pluit Mall for some window shopping.

Of course, I ended up not just doing "window" shopping! But I'm not gonna tell you what I've got! That's for another post!

And a heavenly fragrant Roti Boy coffee bun is a perfectly delicious way to end a perfect evening.

Linking up to

pleated poppy

Beauty and Bedlam

6 comments:

KRISTY said...

One of the things I miss the most about Indo is the fresh seafood. Damn, this post makes me hungggrrrrryyyy! I want to go home! :D

www.monochromachic.com

LeeAnne, Style N Season said...

I know, rite! Come home for the holiday then! It's only a place ticket away. And looooong hours of flying, hahaha!

LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

Shana said...

This place looks amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! and so true about vintage...it really is better made...Love the black and yellow!!

Welcome to Thrifters Anonymous!!! Look forward to seeing more of your thrifted finds every Monday!!!

Shana
ColorBlind
Thrifters Anonymous Monday Link Up

Fenima said...

This post makes me miss home. I'm from Bandung and crazy about seafood!!!

Fenima said...

Ah, this post makes me miss home. I'm from Bandung and crazy about seafood!!! Love your outfit.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the outstanding posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...