Monday, September 5, 2011

Lazy Lacy Lace

Yes, you can wear lace for work! Actually I added a black lacy layer underskirt under this black skirt because I thought it was too short for office wear. Since I didn't want to throw the skirt away, I decided to do something to make it longer. The lace underskirt does exactly that trick, like this...


This is how it looks with blazer. My office is so freezing cold I almost always need an extra layer.

I want to spruce things up with a bit of color, so I cinch the shirt with this skinny red belt and tie a shocking pink scarf around the bag handle. It's pretty simple, just tie the scarf into a bow, and you've got that pop of color onto the whole look.


See? Now I don't need to throw away this too-short skirt!


Black skirt: tailored. Red belt: Esprit. Nude sandals: Aerosole (USA). Top: Debenhams. Jacket: Brooks Brothers Woman.

Recycled Fashion

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I like how that made your skirt longer and possible for work. Good thinking.

Unknown said...

What a great idea to make a skirt longer! Looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...