Hello and happy Monday, Friends!
Do you love Mondays? I do! Of course I love everyday, but Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are somehow felt more special to me.
Why do I love Mondays?
Who doesn't love a fresh start?
Over the weekend I made plans, to-do-list and goals. I publish my posts on Mondays and write my week recap and to-do-list for the week on Mondays. As the first day of the week, Monday gives me the opportunity to make it happen! Don't you want that good feeling of accomplisments? I do, and I like to start fresh and new on Monday.
How to have a fresh start on Mondays:
- Create your to-do-list, task list, things to accomplish for the upcoming week, whatever you'd like to name it, on Sunday night. It will give you a sense of purpose and guideline to walk the upcoming week. Some project examples: create centerpiece for your coffee table, read one chapter of that book you are trying to finish, write one post for your blog, organize the pantry, sell used books on the internet. etc.
- Start small. I have weekly project list that I write on my week recap post, but every night I make to-do-list for the day after. It helps to structure my mind and make my day (and week) that much more productive, because I won't forget things.
- Wake up a little bit early on Monday. Just fifteen minutes early is enough. Use that extra time to mentally prepare your mind and body which will give you that good start and set a calmer tone to last you through the whole week. Pray. Read one or two verses from the Bible. Enjoy your morning coffee and favorite banana muffin with no rush. Savor the moment of showering with sweet scented magnolia soap that you just bought the weekend before. Joke with your husband, children, or pet. Sing to yourself when putting on your makeup. Do one of those things. Or even two. Don't worry. You have fifteen minutes to spare.
Recharged after weekend!
Weekend for me, and most people I'm sure, is for unwinding and relaxing. On Monday morning, I usually have more energy level, determination, and good spirit after a weekend of recharging, so I'd like to get back on track and get productive.
How to be on your tip top condition on Monday morning:
- Don't get too tired! Get wild on Saturday, wind down on Sunday evening.
- Get enough sleep on Sunday night.
- Avoid Monday morning chaos by preparing as much as you can on Sunday night: breakfast prepwork, the clothes you are going to wear (and your children's clothes), school lunches and supplies, etc. I always prepare a week's worth of working clothes on Sunday evening. No need to think of what I'm going to wear in the morning, when I'm already in rush!
Mondays are very forgiving!
So, you didn't get to do all that you want to accomplish last week? Monday is the time to fix it and challenge yourself to reach that goal this time. Failed your workout last week? Now you know how improve it this week.
How to make the best of it:
- Learn from what didn't work the week before. For example, I try out new or improved recipe for our weekly meatless dinner on Mondays.
- If I skipped my workout routine, eating healthy, bible study, whatever, last week, I can always "repent" and do it this coming Monday. Afterall, Monday means a new week!
Monday evening is the best time for doing some chores
Like grocery shopping! I almost always go to the grocery stores on Monday evenings to avoid long check out lines. Also, why do laundry on the weekend? Why not keeping some chores you usually do on Saturday for Monday evenings? That will free up some more time to enjoy weekend.
How to make the most of Monday evening chores:
- Try to do your grocery shopping on Mondays. I can almost guarantee that you will spend less time in the store because there is no long lines at the checkout line.
- Monday is usually very busy, so I avoid heavy-duty chores like cleaning out the fridge. In addition to grocery shopping, my favorite Monday chore is doing laundry that needs no ironing, like sheets, towels, and undergarments. We use automatic machine, so basically all I need to do is dump the laundry into the machine with some detergent, push the button, and that's it. When laundry is done, I can fold them after my son's bedtime while accompanying Hubby watching DVD.
Lesser crowd for evening outs, date nights and movie nights
In Indonesia, going to early movie nights on Monday evenings translate to having most of the theater to ourselves, no lines to buy ticket, you can arrive at the cinema pretty much ten minutes before movie starts and can still get a pretty good seat, and cheaper ticket price. Also, some restaurants have special rate for Mondays.This frugal gal loves discount!
How to make the most of Sunday evening specials:
- Try meeting your girlfriends for coffee, lunch or dinner on Monday evenings. If you are a wife or mother, weekends are usually for family, so your can keep your Mondays free for your friends.
- Try to look for special Monday rates at nearby restaurants.
- If you are single and work like I did, of course you would prefer to hang out on Friday evenings, because you don't need to get up early the next day. But try Monday evenings for a change once in a while. It will give you something fun and exciting to look forward to on Monday!
Monday is the best time to flaunt the new you
Show off that new haircut, that new necklace and cute skirt that you've got from weekend shopping. Try out the new color combination that you want to mix.
How to present the new you on Mondays:
- Prepare the clothes that you are going to wear the night before. When I was single, I change purse and accessories on a daily basis. After being a mother, I didn't bother to do such meticulous fashion planning, so I change my purse once a week or once every two weeks. I plan my weekly ensemble based on the purse that I choose to wear for that week. It's fun to do on Sunday evening, it takes only 10-20 minutes to plan a whole week ensemble, and it saves plenty of time and sanity on the morning rush. Also, it keeps me fashionable at all times. The secret is because I don't need to think of "What am I going to wear?" every morning, just once a week.
- If you have children who go to school, prepare their clothes for the week or help and teach them to do so. Make a game out of it so they won't think that as a burden.
- Wash and pre-style your hair on Sunday evening.
I'm linking up to these wonderful Ladies: