Thursday, July 21, 2011

Love Letter: Passing Probation!

At most offices, three months is a probationary period. If you pass, you become a full-time employee. If not, then, well, nice to meet you, bye-bye.

Today, Style N Season passes the three-month probationary period. And passed. I still post. Hurray!

After three months, this little blog has:


  • 45 posts


  • 21 followers via GoogleConnect and 1 via Bloglovin


  • 92 comments


  • 3681 visitors

That's not much, but waaaay beyond my expection, so I'm very happy! And after three months, these are several thoughts about blogging that I'd like to share with you, dear Readers.



  • I love writing. I have been keeping diaries since I was a little girl, and even in this era of blogging, I still write in my old-fashioned pink Moleskin journal regularly.


  • Having lived in the US for several years for school and work, though English is not my first language, I speak, read, and write it well enough. However, I realized more and more that I should really get my posts edited for grammarital errors before hitting the publish button. I read through several posts and was totally hor-rified to see so many grammatical mistakes! Unfortunately, there were many times when I was too lazy to proofread the whole thing. Really apologize for that!


  • I have managed three blogs over several years: two in Indonesian, and this newest one in English. One thing I learned: if I want to stay motivated to continue blogging, I should first do it for myself, and second to please other people. That's the only way I could keep it genuine and go on writing.

  • Especially for Style N Season, I started to write to serve a higher calling. I'd like to share this topic with as much people as possible: modesty, especially at worship places. (Please read this post to learn more).


  • Some friends advised that I should blog more seriously (getting myself a proper camera, learn HTML, promote my blog more, etc.), but up until now, at least, I'll just keep it this way. I'm not a professional blogger. I'm not a celebrity. I'm not in the fashion industry. I don't blog to make a living or gain fans or sell clothes. It's only one of the many things that I love. So, I don't want to dedicate too much time on it nor I want the pressure to create a sophisticated-looking blog. (a.k.a I'm too laaaaazzzzy...)

As I mentioned, this is an ordinary blog by an ordinary girl living an ordinary life, who happens to have an extraordinary lust for that magnificently wonderful journey called LIFE, and an extraordinary love for anything about art, fashion, beauty, and feminity.


So, I keep it real, and hope that you enjoy reading it this way. ^_^


Thank you, thank you, thank you soooo much, my dear Readers, for visiting this humble lil' blog!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

good for you, you've more than passed through the 'probationary' period! :)

LePetiteLemon said...

Congrats! Keep this blog the way you want it! :D For English to be your second language, you write so well, I would not be able to tell!

Hippiegonemad said...

nice progress can't wait for your next post!

http://hippiegonemad.blogspot.com/

LeeAnne, Style N Season said...

Thank you, All! You're all wonderful. Though I said I blog first for myself, then for my friends so they know what I'm doing, comments like these from fellow bloggers like you really encourage me and put a wide smile on my face all day! Like this... ^___^

LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

my thrifty closet said...

Congrats ! You're a beautiful girl with a sweet personality, Just continue to be yourself, I'm sure your blog will do well ! Thank you for sharing your Sincere and honest thoughts !

thank you also for leaving a sweet note on my blog!

Love, mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...